Coming up with weeknight dinners can be exhausting. Let us come up with your menu instead. This pan-seared tilapia is fresh, healthy, and easy to make on your busiest of days. Don’t worry if you’re not a big fan of Cumin—this recipe does not taste like taco seasoning. The Cumin essential oil is used in perfect subtlety within the flavors of the spice-crusted fish and bright slaw.
Tilapia: This lean, white fish is not only delicious, but also contains a wide variety of health benefits associated with it. Among the many benefits, tilapia has the ability to help reduce ones weight, boost the overall health of your hair, strengthen your immune system, and boost your metabolism.
Red Cabbage: Green cabbage is often the cabbage of choice when out grocery shopping, although both cabbages are excellent sources of Vitamin C and have immense health benefits, red cabbage is the vegetable you’ll want to include in your regular diet because of its added health benefits and hearty flavor. The robust color of red in this cabbage reflects its concentration of anthocyanin polyphenols, this in turn intensifies their protective phytonutrients compared to green cabbage.
1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 drop Cumin essential oil
¼ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
1 pound tilapia fillets
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
1 thinly sliced red bell pepper
½ cup sliced green onions
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 small clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup cilantro, finely shopped
1 toothpick Cumin essential oil
- Combine paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, Cumin essential oil, chili powder, black pepper, and oregano in a small bowl. Spoon seasoning onto the fish fillets, evenly covering both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan or a cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add seasoned fish to the pan, and cook each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss cabbage, carrots, peppers, cilantro and onions together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together lime juice, honey, minced garlic, olive oil, and one toothpick of Cumin essential oil.
- Slowly add the dressing to the tossed vegetables and mix until combined.
- Serve with fish and enjoy!
Have you read my new eBook yet? It’s FREE!
It’s 20 Quick Tips for using Essential Oils. It’s a fast read that is full of great info! Get it for FREE by clicking here!
If you need CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® Essential Oils
click here. I’d greatly appreciate it!
Don’t know where to even start with Essential Oils?
Check out this quick read on labels, know what you are getting!